Megan and Josh are the kind of couple you can’t help but love.
From the minute you pull up to their front door, are greeted by warm welcoming smiles and brought in for “outfit consultation,” to the time you drive away from an evening talking over subs, you just feel loved.
You learn a lot when you spend time with people and engage in a good conversation. It just gets better when you have a camera along for the ride!
Megan and Josh are celebrating 4 years and counting of marriage and honestly, they are making it look easy. Our session started at the front door. I love the symbolism that goes behind that image everytime of how far they have come together. All the firsts that came with this Home are special and while they may not have captured every little moment as they built their home as life together, this photo of them standing in front of their front door holds all those memories. After we explored their front yard and walked up and down the driveway, we finally hit the backyard! The tall grass and the glowing sunlight was enough to make a gal swoon! And wouldn’t you know that Evie had to be in every single one of those frames!
I loved the laughter and fun that went into this time together and I look forward to watching their marriage grow year by year.
These are some fun things I learned during our time together that beautiful Sunday:
1. Megan loves craftsy things. We actually met up after color fest for this session, and she’s got quite the collection of Knick knacks decorating her home.
2. Josh loves football 🏈 and would do anything (including miss Sunday football) for his wife. He also understands the “no football jersey during a session” rule.
3. They have a total of 4 pets, one of which is a beautiful golden doodle named Evie 😍. You will see her sneaking her way into a lot of these shots.
4. They just bought their first home and are in the process of major landscaping! Like chopping down trees and removing brush. Apparently there was a story about spiders, but I may have purposefully tuned that one out 😉
5. Megan is a teacher (god bless her) and Josh works at a environmental energy laboratory! Talk about super heroes in disguise!